[Sahana_proj] Re: SHMACL

Ralph Morelli ram at cs.trincoll.edu
Wed Apr 4 12:03:54 EDT 2007

Hi Bach,

I took a look at your design for the supplemental ACL functionality.
As I understand it,
you will create a new table named shm_userdis with an entry for every
registered user that includes
the user's name and role_id.  The role_id links to the shm_role table
that associates id's
with specific roles.   The role_id will also link to the shm_taskdis
table, which
associates roles with specific functions.  Then, in your code, for
each function, you will
make a call to a check_permissions() function to determine whether
that user has permission
to execute that function.

If I've described it correctly here, this looks a perfectly
reasonable design to me and I
say go for it.  Trishan and Jon Damon may wish to weigh in on this as
well. I'm CC'ing this
to the group as well, in case anyone else has suggestions.

-- ram