[Sahana_proj] [Not Sent from Trinity College] Welcome back!

Ralph Morelli ram at cs.trincoll.edu
Sun Mar 25 21:19:38 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a nice vacation.  I've made a few updates to our
schedule, which is here:

http://www.cs.trincoll.edu/~ram/cpsc225/schedule.html

For tomorrow's class, we will talk about your project designs---so
please be prepared to give a brief overview (5-6 minutes).  We will
discuss several humanitarian open-source projects (see the schedule
for links to these).

If you haven't already done so, please do you peer-evaluation
assignment before class tomorrow, so we can address any problems that
arise.  Here are the instructions again:

The URL is: http://internet2.trincoll.edu/TCSurveys/Groups/   Trinity
students would log in the same way they log in to other campus
systems. Wesleyan and Conn College students must proceed as follows:
Upon accessing the site you will be prompted for authentication. Your
username is the e-mail address used on our Wiki site, namely http://
www.cs.trincoll.edu/sahana_proj/wiki/CPSC225/Classlist and the
password is WELCOME (case-sensitive). This is a one-time password.
You will be immediately prompted to change it to something of your
choice. After you log in, you will be given access to just the three
(3) projects that you have to evaluate.  Just evaluate the Phase 1
portion of your assigned projects.

Here's what you have to do to complete this assignment:

0) We will be evaluating your SRS documents. This is referred to as
Phase 1 in the online evaluation system.

1) Evaluate your own project's SRS document.  For your own project,
include a brief written comment on what/how you think your project
could be improved.

2) Carefully read the SRS documents (posted on the WIKI) for each of
the other two projects that you are assigned, then enter your
evaluations of those projects.  For these projects, include a brief
comment that identifies whatever you consider to be a shortcoming of
the project and/or a constructive suggestion on what/how it can be
improved.

3) Once you submit your evaluation, you will not be able to revise
it. So don't hit the submit button until you have completed the
evaluation.  And don't forget the written comments.  The next time
you log in to the system it will give you the Phase 2 portion of the
evaluation for that project.  That will be for the SDS document.  You
will be evaluating the same projects throughout the remainder of the
semester.

Let me or Trishan know if you have any questions or if you experience
any problems with the system.

See you tomorrow,
-- ram

Ralph Morelli <ralph.morelli at trincoll.edu>