[Sahana_proj] Peer Grading Instructions

Ralph Morelli ram at cs.trincoll.edu
Thu Mar 8 18:04:35 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

Our peer grading system is ready to go. I'm sorry that it wasn't
ready earlier in the week, but the computing center has gone out of
its way to put this together for us.

I realize that there may not be enough time for the Conn College and
Wesleyan students to try it before their spring breaks commence on
Friday (tomorrow).  For Trinity students, since you will be here next
week, I would like you to do your evaluations by the end-of-the-day
on Monday.  For Conn and Wesleyan folks, if you can do this before
you leave, fine, but if not, then save these instructions and get
yours done by the end-of-the-day on Monday, March 26th.

Here's how it works:

The URL is: http://internet2.trincoll.edu/TCSurveys/Groups/   Trinity
students would log in the same way they log in to other campus
systems. Wesleyan and Conn College students must proceed as follows:
Upon accessing the site you will be prompted for authentication. Your
username is the e-mail address used on our Wiki site, namely http://
www.cs.trincoll.edu/sahana_proj/wiki/CPSC225/Classlist and the
password is WELCOME (case-sensitive). This is a one-time password.
You will be immediately prompted to change it to something of your
choice. After you log in, you will be given access to just the three
(3) projects that you have to evaluate.  Just evaluate the Phase 1
portion of your assigned projects.

Here's what you have to do to complete this assignment:

0) We will be evaluating your SRS documents. This is referred to as
Phase 1 in the online evaluation system.

1) Evaluate your own project's SRS document.  For your own project,
include a brief written comment on what/how you think your project
could be improved.

2) Carefully read the SRS documents (posted on the WIKI) for each of
the other two projects that you are assigned, then enter your
evaluations of those projects.  For these projects, include a brief
comment that identifies whatever you consider to be a shortcoming of
the project and/or a constructive suggestion on what/how it can be
improved.

3) Once you submit your evaluation, you will not be able to revise
it. So don't hit the submit button until you have completed the
evaluation.  And don't forget the written comments.  The next time
you log in to the system it will give you the Phase 2 portion of the
evaluation for that project.  That will be for the SDS document.  You
will be evaluating the same projects throughout the remainder of the
semester.

Let me or Trishan know if you have any questions or suggestions or if
you experience any problems with the system.

Thanks,
-- ram