[Sahana_proj] Using your home website

de Lanerolle, Trishan R. Trishan.deLanerolle at trincoll.edu
Mon Mar 5 22:41:29 EST 2007

Hi Guys,

A couple administrative items from this afternoons class:

For those with Trinity Computer science accounts you can use your
public_html folder in your home directory to host a publicly accessible
installation of Sahana.

Point your web browser to http://turing.cs.trincoll.edu/~username. If
you haven't already done so create a public_html directory in your home
directory and install Sahana in a subfolder, follow the regular
installation process. When you install Sahana and enter the information
for the database; instead of entering localhost you should enter
storage1.cs.trincoll.edu.

Use your mysql login information where your databases are named
"username_dbname".

If you do not have a mysql account let me know.

Also we wouldn't suggest using phpmyadmin to print out your relationship
diagrams for your databases. It's not the easiest thing to configure and
use.  I would suggest a free open source program called Dia
http://live.gnome.org/Dia . It's loosely based on Microsoft Visio, quite
good. I forgot to mention it in class.

On another note, if anyone wants to have a SVN repository to manage
their source code (highly recommended), drop me an email and I can
create one for your team.

Trishan

Trishan de Lanerolle '04
Computer Science/Engineering