[Sahana_proj] Fwd: website for cross country charity bike ride

Ralph Morelli ram at cs.trincoll.edu
Mon Feb 12 17:04:28 EST 2007

Hi folks,

Here's a possible team project idea that sounds really great.  Colin
Davis ('07) would like to create a web site to host a blog,
photographs, and other items as a resource for his cross country bike
ride.  The purpose of the ride is to raise awareness and money about
environmental issues.   He's not too fussy about what goes onto the
web site and  I told him that in order for it satisfy our course
project requirements, it would have to involve a database back end.
But I don't think that should be too difficult to work into the
requirements and design.  Here are some of the features it might have:

* Blog support
* Photo database with search
* Database of articles about environmental issues
* Google map support to track his ride
* Database for tracking his "performance" -- e.g., miles per day,
weather, calories, etc.

Anyway, use your imagination.  Professor Ellis and I agree that this
would be a terrific project. In fact, if it's too big for one two-
person team, perhaps two teams could collaborate on it. One of
Colin's requirements would be to have a live web site up as soon as
possible, although it wouldn't have to have many of the features that
could be added during the remainder of the semester.

If you're interested in this, contact Colin directly. I've cc'ed him
on this message. If you'd like to set up a meeting with Colin and me
or Prof. Ellis to discuss this idea, let us know.

Regards,
-- ram

Begin forwarded message: