[Sahana_proj] SRS Assignment grading

Ralph Morelli ram at cs.trincoll.edu
Wed Nov 1 09:54:21 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Gabe for taking the initiative on putting up the grading
tables for the
various requirements documents.  However, as  I think more about
this, I find
I'm having some reservations about it.

I'm thinking that it would be better if we could make the grading
anonymous, for
several reasons.  For those who are taking the course for a grade, it
would be
necessary to maintain privacy requirements, as faculty are required
to do.  Secondly,
I think we would get a more honest assessment if students could
submit their
evaluations of others' work anonymously. Third, our Wiki is a public
site and
while we want to make our work visible to the public, this is one
area (grades)
that I think we should treat in the traditional way.

So,  rather than fill out the tables on the Wiki, I would like each
student to send me
at my private email address ralph.morelli at trincoll.edu,  your
evaluation of each
of the other's requirements documents.    Use the following  format
and please
put all of your evaluations into a single email message.
I will compile the scores, throw out the high and low, and compute
the averages.

Email subject heading:  Sahana Evaluation form
Message body:

Your name:

Grades:  Writing (10), Grammar(10), Presentation(10), Introduction
(10), Description(10), Specific Requirements (50)

Name of group you are evaluating:  e.g., Morelli and Ellis
Grades:   8, 8, 9, 10, 9, 45 = 89

We'll give this a try for this round and then evaluate.

Thanks again to Gabe. And sorry for the change.  Let's make this due
on Friday.

Regards,
-- ram

-- ralph