PPR: ppr-httpd log

Ken Tindle ktindle at uky.edu
Fri Mar 2 13:18:18 EST 2007

David Chappell wrote:
> Ken Tindle writes:
>> The log file ppr-httpd has grown to over half a gig on my system.
>> Is it OK to just nuke it after stopping ppr-httpd (the Perl script)
>> and pprd?  Will it be re-created with the proper perms?
>>
> I believe it will be re-created.  Or you could just truncate it like so:
>
> $ echo -n >/var/spool/ppr/logs/ppr-httpd

Of course.  That worked gangbusters, as it should, in retrospect.  My
var partition just went from 77% full to 27% full, with one command.

Might have to put this in cron.

Cheers.

For the clue-impaired: the sig below is *sarcasm.*

--
Learning Linux is like joining a cult.  Sure it's fun at first but you
waste time, become brainwashed, and then have to be de-programmed by
- Ray Lopez, in UFhK4.33289$y4.1192894 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net