PPR: 64 bit?

David Chappell David.Chappell at trincoll.edu
Wed Sep 6 14:09:12 EDT 2006

Kenneth Tindle writes:
> Has anybody got PPR 1.54 running on x86_64?  This would mean compiled
> for the Athlon 64 with gcc 4.x.
>
> It seems this is not working.  Pointer problems and double frees.
I ran into this while trying to reproduce the problem with ppop's
permissions.  It seems the big problem is in
nonppr_misc/snprintf/snprintf.c.  There is a newer version in PPR 2.XX.
I have ported this newer version back to 1.5X and the problems I was
having have gone away.

I have commited this change to CVS.  When I have fixed the other bugs
which you reported I will make a new release.