PPR: 1.53 link error on NetBSD

David Chappell David.Chappell at trincoll.edu
Tue May 3 17:59:45 EDT 2005

Hauke Fath wrote:

>Hi,
>
>a PPR 1.53 compile on NetBSD 3 (beta) fails with what appears to be a link
>error:
>

>../libppr.a(findres.o)(.text+0x258): In function `try_fontindex':
>: undefined reference to `error'
>../libppr.a(findres.o)(.text+0x31c): In function `try_fontindex':
>: undefined reference to `error'
>gmake: *** [papd] Error 1
>*** Error code 1
>

>grep(1)ing through the sources, I can see quite a few points where an
>error() function is defined, but none appears to be in reach for
>libppr/findres.c.
>
>Any ideas how to fix this?

It must be that other systems have an error() function in the C library
which masked the fact that error() is missing from papd.c.  To fix it,
find the debug() function in papd.c, make a copy of it, rename it error,
change the string "DEBUG" to "ERROR".  That's it.  They are pretty much
the same.

I am commiting the fix to CVS right now, so you can look at it if you
want to.