[Sahana_proj] Summer H-FOSS Internships

Ralph Morelli ram at cs.trincoll.edu
Tue Mar 27 15:12:55 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

We are now accepting applications for summer H-FOSS internships
(humanitarian free and open-source  (H-FOSS Internships).   We expect
to award up to five student stipends of  $3500 (plus free on-campus
housing) for 10 weeks of work, between the dates of May 21, 2007
through July 27, 2007.   In addition to working on an H-FOSS research
project, students will  participate in various summer program events
organized by the College for all summer research students.  The
research work itself will culminate in a presentation at the Summer
Research Symposium, which will be held at  Trinity during the second
week of September.

The H-FOSS internships are open to all students currently enrolled in
CPSC 225, including Conn College and Wesleyan students.

To apply for the internship, please send me an email containing the
following information by Friday, March 30:

1) A 1-2 paragraph essay describing why you are interested in this
internship and how it will benefit your academic career.

2) A summary of the computer science and CS-related courses (and any
other relevant courses) you have taken, including the grades received.

3) The name, phone number and email address of a faculty reference.

Please don't hesitate to contact me by email or phone (860-297-2220)
if you have any questions about this program.

Regards.
-- ram

Ralph Morelli <ralph.morelli at trincoll.edu>
Professor of Computer Science