[Sahana_proj] [Not Sent from Trinity College] Summer H-FOSS Research Internships

Ralph Morelli ram at cs.trincoll.edu
Fri Mar 9 09:04:53 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that we have received a generous grant from
the Aidmatrix Foundation to support summer humanitarian free and open
source software (H-FOSS) development.  Pending actual receipt of the
funds, we expect to have funds for five H-FOSS research internships,
funded at $3500 each.  Trinity College will provide free on-campus
housing for student interns.

The focus of this summer's project will be twofold. Some of the
interns will work with faculty and industry experts on further
development of Trinity's volunteer management (VM) module.  The
Sahana work will be focused  primarily on meeting the requirements
identified by the Sri Lankan Red Cross.  Other interns will be
working on designing and developing an H-FOSS product for a local
(Hartford) non-profit community organization.  In addition to helping
local and international humanitarian organizations, the project will
also help you gain valuable real world experience.  The work you do
over the summer will be presented at Trinity's symposium for summer
research students and may eventually lead to the publication of a
paper at a national or international conference.

We haven't yet worked out the details of the application process, but
I did want to let you know about this opportunity before we disperse
on our spring vacations.  I will provide further details as soon as
they are available.

Even though the application details are not yet finalized, please let
me know if you are interested in this opportunity.  We would like to
give the Sahana project list the first opportunity before announcing
the project more broadly.  Expressing interest at this point does not
require any commitment on your part.

Regards,
-- ram

Ralph Morelli <ralph.morelli at trincoll.edu>