[Sahana_proj] (no subject)

Ralph Morelli ram at cs.trincoll.edu
Fri Jan 26 15:54:27 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

Some quick reminders:

1) I notice that quite a few Trinity students---those on the CC
list---have not registered on the list serve.  Please do so right away.

2) The PhP reading assignment for Monday's class is chapters 2-3 of
the textbook. If you don't have the book yet, you are still
responsible for the material covered in those chapters, which
includes: conditions and branches, loops, functions, types, user-
defined functions, arrays, strings.   For now you can skip regular
expressions, dates and times.  Obviously there is not enough time to
cover these topics in a lecture format.  So I will plan to note a few
of the main differences with Java and we will then discuss whatever
questions you have about the PhP syntax.  I'll call on those who
already know PhP well (Jonathan, Alex, Turner, Back, Antonio,
Trishan) to help explain some of the concepts. And we will try to go
through a couple of simple examples together.

3) We will also talk about Extreme Programming (Jon Damon) and
Stallman's Manifesto (Ariel).  We've created a Notes page on the
Course Wiki (http://www.cs.trincoll.edu/sahana_proj/wiki/CPSC225/
Notes).  I'd like to suggest that discussion leaders for these weekly
topics create a page for their topic and add it to the Wiki.  I've
put up some notes from last week's topic (Catherdral and Bazaar) as
an example.   In terms of style, try to emulate the Wikipedia style
for these notes pages.

Ariel and Jon: Let me or Trishan or Antonio know if you have any
problems with the Wiki.

Turner: Can you or someone at Wesleyan forward this message to others
who are planning to take the course.  Ask them to send me an email so
I can add them to my roster.  So far you and Bach are already
registered on the list serve.

Alex: Can you do the same for Conn students. So far the following
students besides yourself have registered on the listserve:
angelo.brichetti, apalladi, ewint, gefed, tjsan.

Conn Students: Please send me a personal email
(ralph.morelli at trincoll.edu) so I can get your full name and add you
to the roster.

Thanks,
See you all Monday.