[Sahana_proj] Project Idea

de Lanerolle, Trishan R. Trishan.deLanerolle at trincoll.edu
Tue Feb 13 18:17:59 EST 2007

Hi Stephen,
Thanks,  I have cc'd the list as the information you have provided would
be useful for those considering taking on this project.

I would suggest a standalone system running on the laptop with online
synchronization capability with a master copy running on a server
somewhere. That way if the user isn't connected he/she can still use the
system and not have to rely on having internet access, as the
information is only needed on site. At first glance this lends itself
towards using a stripped down version of Sahana. We should investigate
the options available here.

The program should have reporting capabilities, which would collate the
information entered by the scene commander into a printable document or
spreadsheet upon request.

Trishan