[Sahana_proj] World Community Grid

de Lanerolle, Trishan R. Trishan.deLanerolle at trincoll.edu
Fri Feb 2 16:11:11 EST 2007

Hi,

Here's an interesting project from the friendly folks at IBM. It's an
initiative to develop one of the worlds largest volunteer based computer
grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity. This is a fun easy
project to join and contribute to. You don't have to do too much other
than to join up and run the client program as a screen saver. It uses
your computers idle time, so it wouldn't interrupt your WoW sessions or
other activities. :-)

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

After you signup visit the following site to sign on to our team.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=01RHJLJHR1
<http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=01RHJLJHR
1>

Suggestions for a Team name are welcomed.

Once we have a team going we will link this project to our Sahana
project website.

Trishan

Trishan de Lanerolle'04
Computer Science/Engineering