[Sahana_proj] Re: New module concept

de Lanerolle, Trishan R. Trishan.deLanerolle at trincoll.edu
Wed Sep 27 09:38:19 EDT 2006

Hi Turner,
This is a good idea and I would encourage such thinking. Do share your thoughts on our mailing list. The features you mention are somewhat incorporated into a pandemic customization that was done by Sahana. We used this for the first time during the Strong Angel Disaster simulation. Its part of a situational awareness module that tells you the bed availability in various locations. As prof.Morelli mentioned this might be a little too much to work on this semester. However I would encourage you to explore the ideas further and share your thoughts with everyone.

I recently acquired a ISO of a live CD version of sahana which was used for another demonstration recently of Sahana, which has this capability. I will try and make the ISO available later this week for everyone to take a look at. As its a live CD version all you have to do is boot of the CD and you are up and running.
Trishan

Trishan de Lanerolle'04
Computer Science/Engineering
Technology Coordinator